Autor Thema: 03.06.2014 NEW EPOCH SERVER HAPPYBLUE  (Gelesen 1064 mal)

Offline Bluebee

• GESPERRT
  • & Foreneigentum
  • Happy Faktor -96
  • Marsipulamizüchter
03.06.2014 NEW EPOCH SERVER HAPPYBLUE
« am: 03. Juni 2014, 12:05:32 »
After Origins will not be developed any longer and all servers are shut , we decided to open new dedicated Epoch server.

Here again the message in the open area :

" Ok, let's try it.

Since 02:06 am we have an Epoch server.
The possibilities are endless and we are fortunate that we have a few people here who have the knowledge and are interested in helping to create the server.

Because it is tried to make the server to a direction in Origins , but integrate the positive elements of Epoch , the server will initially be very experimental.

Nevertheless, we want to allow known players early access before we open the server completely.
The solution is a whitelist for the first time. Anyone who is interested please just send a message to me. But please understand that in the beginning the server will be shut down once more , if necessary, we even make even a map change and Database Wipe to simply try out the possibilities and implications .

The server is not reachable , it will still take a few days . I will give a special message.

Offline Bluebee

• GESPERRT
  • & Foreneigentum
  • Happy Faktor -96
  • Marsipulamizüchter
Re: 03.06.2014 NEW EPOCH SERVER HAPPYBLUE
« Antwort #1 am: 03. Juni 2014, 16:41:32 »
There are the first questions when you can join the server .

The server is already configured and running with the Chernarus map, but is otherwise empty.

Point 1 is to decide what we want at all.

There are four maps to choose from : Chernarus , Taviana , Panthera and Namalsk .

After the first reflex , to take Taviana again because it is well-made and Chernarus many old Dayz players are bored of, Panthera maybe an alternative.

then the server shall be similar to Origins ( survival as much as possible, as little supermarket ) and with really good quests and possibly even a " Sector B " can be fitted.
Since it's probably not reasonable ( and impossible for me : D), scriptingsuch things by ourself, we have to sight scripts in which goodness and for which map exist that can be integrated . That should probably be given most of Chernarus , because this is the first map of Epoch .

But as I said , that must be seen.

Then we have to see how you can influence the appearance of weapons and vehicles , and what limitation makes sense here . We want to ghave no bomber-squadron in the sky.

Then the hacker protection must be ensured and so on.

The whole is a trial and error and I guess although we can soon make walking around on the server and purely sniff , but the database will go west earned more than once in the first period .

I ask this evening times those who understand some of it , when we can join the server. Maybe it will take some days.

Offline mokdevel

• raw beginner
  • Happy Faktor 0
« Antwort #2 am: 04. Juni 2014, 15:03:13 »
Chernarus: Been there, done that - too many hours on Vanilla DayZ. The map is great though.
Taviana: Great, but Novistrana should be there too. :-/
Panthera and Namalsk: Completely new areas for me which would be a plus.

/[SK] James Town

Offline Bluebee

• GESPERRT
  • & Foreneigentum
  • Happy Faktor -96
  • Marsipulamizüchter
« Antwort #3 am: 04. Juni 2014, 15:16:54 »
well, most think like you.

i have send you the server dates as message, join and have a look. :wink: